Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I use a light brown 'non-amonia' hair colour and it is too dark. Can anyone tell me what c

I use a "Level 2" (non-amonia) hair colour. I chose one that is a light brown, to tone down the brassiness of the blonde chunks in my hair --- which is mixed with the grey I have, and to mix well with the brown hair chunks I have. I like it because there are hardly any roots to deal with.



The problem is it was too dark...even though it washes out in 24 shampoos. It's been 2 weeks now, and it's just getting where I like it now.



If I washed it out sooner in the application of it, it wouldn't last at all.



It's the lightest brown that brand makes---if I go lighter, it will lighten up the brown too much. Should I use the lighter anyway?....and just let it lighten up the brown, just so it will blend the roots, %26amp; the grey with the blonde?



HELP please! My hair is THICK and strong.



I use a light brown 'non-amonia' hair colour and it is too dark. Can anyone tell me what colour to choose?

i dont think the hairstylist knew what you meant by "level 2" -that is not a color(perhaps in another country it is?) it is the non-permanent type-washes out in 24 shampoos kinda thing It is less harsh on your hair and gives less grow out appearance You can either try a lighter color of the same-try a different brand perhaps- or go for a pro but then be prepaed to keep going back with lots of moolah. (money) There is also a product called "glazing" you put it on to refresh color as it fades and it is very temporary and easy to use-also gentle and wont fry your hair like permanent dye or bleaching(ahhh) You could use it in between



Or you can settle for dark-maybe add some red tones or go even darker. Its all a compromise til you can get your hair to grow out those chunks .Be patient and let it grow and keep using the brown you like best Next time dont color small portions so you wont have that chunky problem



I use a light brown 'non-amonia' hair colour and it is too dark. Can anyone tell me what colour to choose?

a level 2 is one step up from black, so i dont' know why you thought you were using "light brown". anyway, if its too dark, try washing your hair w/ dish soap a few times...it helps strip color out. other than that, you have to just wait for it to fade, or get it fixed professionally. you can't redye it and expect it to get lighter...color doesn't work that way. you have to strip it out or bleach it, which should absolutely ONLY be done by professionals.



start with the dishsoap (palmolive works good). it'll "speed up" the fading process.



good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment