Saturday, August 1, 2009

If I use "medium ash brown" to dye my hair will it turn green?

I recently bleached my hair (and got this crazy copper color), but it was cool because I put a beautiful "meduim golden brown" overtop of it. The problem is, i still see some red in my hair and I don't like it. I know that "ash" tones are greenbased and cancel out red tones. My fear is the "golden" part that is already in my hair.



I know the "ash brown" will cancel the red I see in my hair, but will it turn my "golden brown" green? I can't re-bleach my hair cuz it will fall out. So I was thinking about just using the ash brown on top of my already dyed golden brown hair. But I don't know if this will also turn out green. Can anyone tell me if it will or won't?



If I use "medium ash brown" to dye my hair will it turn green?

Everyone's hair is different, so it's hard to tell. You probably have dark hair to begin with, since you got the copper effect with the bleach. Your best bet would be to buy the color, and do the strip test they recommend, where you snip off a small section of hair and apply the color. It might seem like a pain to have to buy the dye and do the test, but it will pay off when you see how the results turn out, saving yourself a green-haired disaster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment